To-do Lists Mobile FAQ
To-do Lists Mobile FAQ
Here are the most common questions, asked by To-do Lists Mobile users.
General and usage questions
- How can I delete to-do items?
- How can I reorder to-do items in my list?
- How can I delete a to-do list?
- How can I rename a to-do list?
- How can I change font size, background image, etc?
- How can I transfer database from Mac OS To-do Lists application to To-do Lists Mobile?
- How can I synchronize To-do Lists Mobile with iOS 5 Reminders application?
- How can I sync my tasks with Mac OS To-do Lists application?
Updates and purchases
To remove to-do items, enter the 'edit mode'. It is switched on and off by the pencil button in the lower right corner of the list. When you finish the task deletion, touch the pencil button again to exit the edit mode.
To reorder to-do items in your list, enter the 'edit mode'. It is switched on and off by the pencil button in the lower right corner of the list. After that, drag to-do items to the desired places. When you have finished with the task reordering, go ahead and touch the pencil button again to exit the edit mode.
Scroll to the search view (the leftmost view of the app), or push the 'search' button in the lower left corner of any to-do list. There, you can delete the desired to-do list by pushing the 'trash' button next to its name.
To rename a list, scroll to it, and touch the title area. List edit dialog will pop up, where you can rename the list or change its appearance.
Scroll to the search view (the leftmost view of the app), or push the 'search' button in the lower left corner of any to-do list. Push the 'settings' button in the lower right corner. You can specify appearance settings in the Appearance tab (middle button).
You can use DropBox, or iTunes file sharing.
First you need to locate your database. By default it is stored in the file ~/Library/ToDoLists/ToDoListsDatabase.tdl.
In Mac OS Lion Library folder is hidden for Finder by default , so you should use Go->Go to Folder... from the main menu.
Also, you can use To-do Lists File->Save Backup As... feature.
Close To-do Lists application on your device (simply pressing Home button will not be enough).
When you have ToDoListDatabase.tdl file, do the following:
- with DropBox: create the folder 'ToDoLists' inside it, and put your database (file ToDoListsDatabase.tdl) there. After that enter your DropBox login and password in To-do Lists Mobile preferences, and press apply button.
- with iTunes file sharing: connect your device (via cable, or via Wi-Fi if you have iOS 5) so it can be seen in iTunes. Go to the device, Apps page. At bottom you will see 'File Sharing' section, there you need to click on To-do Lists. And to the right you should press Add.. button, and add your ToDoListsDatabase.tdl file. The same way you can transfer backups from device to your computer.
Unfortunately, at the moment there is no direct way to sync mobile application with reminders. For that purpose you should sync application with Mac OS version via DropBox, and sync Mac OS application with iCal and iCloud.
At the moment you can sync your database only via DropBox. To-do Lists Mobile, once configured, stores database in ToDoLists subfolder of your DropBox.
So, if you configure your Mac OS To-do Lists application to store database on the same path, they will be automatically synced.
However, please note, that DropBox synchronization is not immediate; sometimes you need to wait a couple of minutes until all changes will be transferred from one device to another.
All purchases in the iOS App Store are final, including all further updates. You don't need to pay for them.