Topic: Just upgraded from Simple AntNotes to Antidotes my notes have gone

Hi there lovely little application was quite happy with the simple Antnotes but thought the developers deserved some recognition so bought the paid version.   However my Notes disappeared can somebody tell me where they are so I can recover then?.

Thanks in advance
Simon

Warning: str_repeat(): Second argument has to be greater than or equal to 0 in /usr/home/antlogic/htdocs/forum/include/parser.php on line 576

Re: Just upgraded from Simple AntNotes to Antidotes my notes have gone

Hi, thank you for contacting us (before complaining 'everything is lost' at App Store smile ).
And thank you for buying our application.
For a while all apps at App Store are sandboxed - so they can access only their own files in special hidden folder, unless you manually select the file via 'Open File' dialog.
So, you need to manuall export notes from Simple Antnotes by running it and choosing File-Export via the main menu, and then import notes back in paid application.
Also, if you are familiar with Terminal, you can run the following command:

cp ~/Library/Containers/ua.com.AntLogic.SimpleAntnotes/Data/Documents/Notes.plist ~/Library/Containers/ua.com.AntLogic.Antnotes/Data/Documents/Notes.plist 

Tried this, but the app froze my computer totally so I had to force quit the application

Did you try to manually export from Simple Antnotes to Antnotes? Or copied the file itself?

The use of Terminal in the response below worked perfectly for me.

Hi, thank you for contacting us (before complaining 'everything is lost' at App Store smile ).
And thank you for buying our application.
For a while all apps at App Store are sandboxed - so they can access only their own files in special hidden folder, unless you manually select the file via 'Open File' dialog.
So, you need to manuall export notes from Simple Antnotes by running it and choosing File-Export via the main menu, and then import notes back in paid application.
Also, if you are familiar with Terminal, you can run the following command:

cp ~/Library/Containers/ua.com.AntLogic.SimpleAntnotes/Data/Documents/Notes.plist ~/Library/Containers/ua.com.AntLogic.Antnotes/Data/Documents/Notes.plist