Topic: Position of new note

I'd like to be able to specify the position of a new note. At present it opens at the top left of the screen - the worst place for me!

Re: Position of new note

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us. You can't specify the position of a new note. Now it opens in the next spare place starting from top left down and rightwards. We will consider adding this feature in new version.
What would be the best place for a new note to appear?

Hi Tanya

Thanks for the explanation. I understand this for people who have many notes and it makes perfect sense. I'd like the new note to appear centre right, perhaps 2 cm from the right edge. It would help my workflow for when I'm making a note from a document or application.

When I drag the new note to this position now, I am unable to add text unless I have added something before dragging it. That seems an anomaly to me.

Many thanks!

Phil

Dear Phil,

Thanks for sharing your idea on a better notes position.

As to the issue you mentioned that you were unable to add text to a previously moved new note, maybe that's because when you create a new note, it appears with cursor blinking and ready for text input. When you move the note after that, cursor disappears from the note, and you have to manually set it there. Try to put your mouse over the first line of the note and click.
Hope it helps!

Thanks again, Tanya. The issue is that once I have dragged it,, I cannot manually set the cursor again. I must type something before dragging. This is on a new iMac and it also happens on two other machines I have (all Mac). Not a big deal but a slight annoyance :-)

Phil

Thanks again, Tanya. The issue is that once I have dragged it,, I cannot manually set the cursor again. I must type something before dragging. This is on a new iMac and it also happens on two other machines I have (all Mac). Not a big deal but a slight annoyance :-)

Phil

Not sure if there is another post for this already - but it is related - Size AND Position. The current note size is quite small and I have to resize the text area. I currently do this with Evernote and Keyboard Maestro, but really just want something simple and fast.