Topic: mobile app not showing lists

Hi,

I have today bought both the desktop and iOS apps. Both are installed and Dropbox has synced the apps apparently according to the information on the Settings dialogue box on my iPad, where it shows the path <Folder:/ToDoLists> and shows I was last synced a few minutes ago.

However, no lists show on the iPad. I have tried the "pencil" edit button but that does not show my lists either. Forcing a re-sync also does nothing, though the icon moves and seems to indicate interaction between the DropBox app and the ToDo app.

I reloaded the iOS software several times but it seems to change nothing.

I have tried uploading a screenshot of my iPad screen several times but your forum website does not allow it to load. I can send it to you if you give me another way to do so. Your software neither uploads it nor does it allow a link from my hosting service - very strange.

Anyway, can you help ?

Re: mobile app not showing lists

Hi.
And what path is shown in Mac OS application Preferences (General page)?
Forum should allow attaching images, we will recheck it.

Hi Nickolay,

The path is as it should be, I think - it's what the preferences automatically chose, anyway: 

/Users/roddy/Dropbox/ToDoListsDatabase.tdl

I can see the database in Dropbox, so i know it is going there from my Macbook.

That's the reason - you should move it inside of ToDoLists folder inside of Dropbox (as it is on iPad).
So the path should be /Users/roddy/Dropbox/ToDoLists/ToDoListsDatabase.tdl

Okay and thanks - I'll try that.

A quick question, why does the software automatically choose the other route, which is what most people will follow ? Should something not be written into the software so that the correct path is chosen ?  Just a question...... grin

roddy wrote:

A quick question, why does the software automatically choose the other route, which is what most people will follow ? Should something not be written into the software so that the correct path is chosen ?  Just a question...... grin

That's our fail, we know it and sorry about it.
We are working now on To-do Lists 2.0, which will do that automatically, without configuration pain.
And we cannot publish a quick fix since last June Apple requires Mac App Store applications to be sandboxed, and sandboxing To-do Lists will require a lot of changes, so we decided to postpone all changes to version 2.0.

Okay, done that and no change on the iPad. I have re-synced several times but still no lists. Any other advice ?

It should work. Does it show the right path (i.e. /Users/roddy/Dropbox/ToDoLists/ToDoListsDatabase.tdl ) after re-launching application on Mac OS?
Please also try to kill application on iPad and relaunch it/reconfigure sync.

Hi Nickolay.

That has helped a bit, thank you, but I am at a loss as to how I can get all of my lists ? The iPad app only shows lists that are "open" on the Macbook. I do not seem to have any way to access the rest of them ? I seem to only have four icons on my iPad app bar - the + icon, the settings icon, the resync icon and the pecil edit icon. Should there be something else ?

Thats how it should be - lists which are closed via [x] button are considered 'closed', so not shown by default.
To re-open them on iPad, press the pencil button on home screen - that would reveal titles of closed lists, and touching them will show/hide them.

Thanks for that Nickolay.  It did not work for me at first, as I said in my previous post. Clicking the pencil icon did nothing at all.

However I have now got it working - I simply re-started my Macbook. It's obviously a glitch in the software that affects some browsers I guess - that a change does not take effect until re-start. You might want to recommend that as well as re-starting the app on the iPad, perhaps.

Thanks for the help. Hopefully you will not hear from me again and I look forward to seeing 2.0 version !

Roddy

Glad to know that problem  is resolved mpw, thanks for letting us know.

Actually, I have a couple of small questions further big_smile

1. Is there an Android version coming soon ?

2. How do I manually sync from the Macbook to the iPad ? Say I have added a bunch of info to the lists I am using and then want to close the computer and take the iPad to another location to continue working ?  The sync is certainly not instantaneous, is there an easy way to make it so ?

1. We focused mostly on Mac OS application. The next step would be Windows (Desktop) version, and after that probably the Android one.
2. Database is saved to file inside of Dropbox, and Dropbox does syncing. So when you exit To-do Lists, and Dropbox stopped spinning, the real database is already in Dropbox and will be picked by Mobile version when it is run (it should not be running at the same time, since it can overwrite the database).

Okay, all understood, thank you !  Good luck with the next software...

I expected to do lists to allow me to see my lists ( title only eventually) on my home screens of Mac and of IOX. Have I misunderstood, or am I missing something in Preferences on IOX and on Mac?