Topic: Gradients background in 1.6.4

i HATE the new gradient background!!

Can you at least put in an option for the backgrounds to be flat rendered as before?

Re: Gradients background in 1.6.4

Quite interesting, we though that it looks much better than before.
Do you hate gradient headers as well, or not that much?
We'll consider adding configurable option to switch between flat and gradient backgrounds.

The reason I hate it, is
(a) i don't like the look, it's too incongruous; and more specifically
(b) because the gradient is fixed it means I can't read the lighter text at the bottom of a note. And if I make the text darker, then the top of the note looks wrong.
Also - none of the other Mavericks stuff looks like this; mostly it's just gradiented in the top bar, if at all, not in the field of a function.

Anyway, because this is obviously just a personal view, the best thing I can think to suggest is to make it an option.

ps. Another reason I hate it, is because to me it looks like the gradient implies some priority gradation or something for the tasks in the list. "Highlight at the top". Which is just wrong, because of course actual tasks may not be sorted like that.

So, I understand right that flat background + gradient title is okay for you?

for me personally, yes. Other people might like better some other way.

when will this be fixed? simplicity is your unique selling point. don't give this away. at least make the gradient background optional

I guess we'll fix it in the next update, version 1.6.5 or so.
If you have other suggestions or ideas - feel free to leave them in Feature Requests forum as well.

For all gradient haters smile
Version 1.6.5, which adds option to return flat background is waiting for review at Mac App Store. Also tomorrow we'll upload a new it to our site for those who use non-MAS version.

As usual, we appreciate sharing information about the application or just leaving a review or some stars at App Store.

yay!

tent101 wrote:

yay!

Yay indeed! I love the simplicity of To-Do Lists but was considering a return to one of my other note apps becaues of the gradient in the notes themselves in the IOS app. It made lists of notes considerably harder to read for my old eyes. The problem is that one's eyes have to continually adjust to the changes in the visual balance of text and background. That means a considerable portion of my attention was distracted from the actual note to parsing the relationship between the two elements. That is annoying when all I want is to read the notes.

Thanks for adding a preference in 1.6.5. I'll now gladly stick with To-Do Lists. It is the most convenient note taking app for my needs.

Welles

Btw, we plan to make gradient background configurable in iOS application as well.
That was quite surprising for us that sometimes text will become not readable just because of those gradients.