Topic: Sync with Dropbox problem

I can't log into Dropbox anymore. It noticed that it wasn't syncing with other devices, so I logged out and now can't log in. I get the message:
Cannot log in Dropbox
Logging in to Dropbox failed : Error Domain=dropbox.com Code=400 "(null)" UserInfo={error=v1_retired}

There IS a To Do List folder in my Dropbox.
I also checked permissions and there is full access to all associated folders.
I'm not sure what to do to fix this.

Re: Sync with Dropbox problem

Hi,
Unfortunately Dropbox shut down v1 of their API : https://blogs.dropbox.com/developers/20 … eprecated/
Since To-do Lists 1.x app was developed years ago and aimed to support old OS versions most likely we will not spend time on updating it.
Instead we’ll continue work on To-do Lists 2.0, which will include Dropbox/iCloud syncing support as well.
Sorry for inconvenience.

I have the same dropbox issue and therefore I have a questions. Understand that you will not solve this problem but instead work on Todo 2. Does that mean that for us this means that we will be without any sync until you actually release V2.0? For us this means basically that this app becomes useless? Or what is your solution for us in the mean time, if any?

There are some technical difficulties which stops us from fixing it in To-do Lists 1.x.
One of them is that new Dropbox SDK supports only macOS 10.10+, but we do not want to drop users with older Mac OS X versions.
So, yeah - in a meantime we'll be focused on To-do Lists 2.0, which will include a lot of new features and better interface. And working syncing.
You may try it from the our beta page: https://www.antlogic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=308
However it doesn't include any syncing yet.

Did we receive notice of this discontinued support? I don't remember seeing any notification about the discontinuation of the version or syncing ability. Do you have an ETA on V2 with syncing capabilities?

Hi Nickoli, I just purchased the mobile Version because I wanted to sync across Dropbox; I now find out it doesn't work, please let me know when this will be fixed otherwise I have to change to another app and get a refund; sorry but thats the way it is!

Hi

I just emailed support about this error

Logging in to Dropbox failed : Error Domain=dropbox.com Code=400 "(null)" UserInfo={error=v1_retired}

As I bought the App and it's IOS version yesterday purely because the website says you can sync both platforms via dropbox, surely your website should say you could sync using old software and you will again once we've updated it and then update realise date will be .... ?? I am a bit annoyed, I spent sometime research what App I wanted for my new To Do list and sync between desktop, laptop and iPhone is very important. Your website and the App store says it works... cleary it currently does'n't !! Please advise, or like the other gentleman I will require a refund.

Please see the top messages in this post.
Dropbox and other syncing support will not work till the release of To-do Lists 2.x
Also we are unable to update the application description (however, we replied to some App Store comments with the information).
If you want to request the refund please ask App Store team for that: https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iosap … e-3628182/
Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Hi Nickolay, I'm getting this error message. I just read that you won't be supporting the newer Dropbox API.

The very reason i bought both the Mac and the iPhone app was because of the dropbox Sync. Without Dropbox sync, for me this app will be useless.

Please fix this.

There's no option for a refund for apps purchased more than 90 days ago.

Is version 2 going to be a free-upgrade? Whilst I appreciate it was drop box that deprecated an API, you made the choice to use it for this feature, which is (was) one of the reasons I chose the app in the first place.

We'll find a way to make upgrade free for those who need it. However, most likely, it will be sold as a separate application.
This is because of 'free upgrade' policy of the App Store.

Nickolay, getting a bit disappointed with your support; when are we going to get this upgrade; it is now 3 months since I raised this.....what's happening; and don't blame it on Apple!

Guys,

This getting daft. If you're not going to release a version that does sync to a mobile app. Fine. Just say so. I want this to work. I like the app and i'd like to be able to use it. But I dont want to waste any more time HOPING you'll fix it. I get that it wasnt your fault, but unfortunately it's still your problem to fix. But dont keep saying it'll be in version 2, with no clear end date. That just makes you look shit.

Give us a date or I (and probably other people too) will find some other way.

Pants.