Topic: Why if I choose to hide a Dock icon, application menu is also hidden?

I don't like to see a lot of icons in my Dock, so went to Preferences and choose to hide To do Lists icon from the Dock.
However, To-do Lists menu is not shown anymore. Looke like a bug, or I missed something?

Re: Why if I choose to hide a Dock icon, application menu is also hidden?

Unfortunately, this is kinda 'feature' of Mac OS X. The only way to hide Application's icon from the Dock is to work in 'service mode'.
However, in this mode application's menu is also hidden, and we cannot control this in any way via allowed SDKs, sorry.

In one of the next updates we will consider fully moving to service mode, so all main menu items will be available via app's interface or menu bar icon.

How do I get this back though? I chose to do the hiding the icon thing and now I want the menu back. How can I make that happen?

Hi, you should uncheck the 'Hid dock icon' in Preferences, on General page.
Preferences (as well as other menu items) can be shown by right-clicking on menu bar icon.

I too only like the app to run as a menu bar item. The issue, as alluded to by the original poster, is that a whole bunch of useful menu items are missing, especially, for me, "New To-do List". Of all missing items, I'm befuddled as to why this would be excluded from the menu bar drop down.

You can create a new list by pressing Cmd-N shortcut (when To-do Lists application is active). We will surely fix this problem in To-do Lists 2.0. Actually, most likely To-do Lists 2.0 would be menu-bar only application.

Great. Thx!