Topic: To-do Lists 1.6.2 - Dropbox syncing problems

Moved from the other thread.

Re: To-do Lists 1.6.2 - Dropbox syncing problems

I followed your process above, but I cannot get the Dropbox to sync with the latest version 1.6.2. When I activate the "Login" button, the icon just spins. Prior to this update the sync feature worked.

It should redirect you to the browser, where you'll need to enter login and password on Dropbox site. If this doesn't work from the first try, please restart the application and try again.

Nickolay wrote:

It should redirect you to the browser, where you'll need to enter login and password on Dropbox site. If this doesn't work from the first try, please restart the application and try again.

I tried that and also re-installed the app. Still no luck. I do not get the redirection to the browser to login.

Hi. I just noticed that you previously bought To-do Lists license via our site.
Do you use the version 1.6.2 downloaded from the Mac App Store, or 1.6.1, downloaded from the our site?
And, which previous version you used to succesffully sync with Dropbox? I guess that you first user 1.6.1, and now trying 1.6.2, am I right?

Nickolay wrote:

Hi. I just noticed that you previously bought To-do Lists license via our site.
Do you use the version 1.6.2 downloaded from the Mac App Store, or 1.6.1, downloaded from the our site?
And, which previous version you used to succesffully sync with Dropbox? I guess that you first user 1.6.1, and now trying 1.6.2, am I right?

I originally downloaded 1.5.4 from the App Store. Then I noticed that your website had a version that was almost a year newer, version 1.6.1. I purchased that app again from your website to have the latest version and the Dropbox sync worked properly. The next day I was notified through the app store that version 1.6.2 was available for download. Once I downloaded this version is when I encountered the Dropbox sync issue.

Thanks for the clarification. The problem seems to be in that fact that versions 1.6.1 and 1.6.2 use different api keys to access Dropbox, and after changing them Dropbox SDK cannot correctly handle this situation.
Please try exit To-do Lists, launch Keychain Access, select login keychain, navigate to Password, and deleted stored password for To-do Lists. After restarting To-do Lists you should be able to log in to Dropbox again.

I followed the request above, but there is no password stored at that location.

The last thing I can suggest is to exit To-do Lists, search for the file(s) ua.com.AntLogic.ToDoLists.plist and delete them.
Please try it. Actually, I tried to reproduce the behavior on my side, but without luck (deleting password data from keychain worked fine).

I also cannot find the file(s) you asked me to delta, (ua.com.AntLogic.ToDoLists.plist). How do I completely delete the To-Do App and reinstall so I can start from scratch?

Looks like Finder/Spotlight doesn't search through sandboxed application containers on Mac OS Mavericks.

First, backup your tasks database if any!!!

After that please use Finder's Go->Go to Folder, type ~/Library/ there. If there is the ToDoLists folder - delete it. Then go to Preferences in Library folder, and delete ua.com.AntLogic.ToDoLists.plist. Return to Library folder, and go to Containers, there you should see ua.com.AntLogic.ToDoLists folder - completely delete it.
After these operations there should be no any information about the To-do Lists installation.

Sorry to inform you but the ToDOLists files and folders above do not exist. Also the folder you requested me to open "Library/Containers" also does not exist.

Please make sure that you entered a tilde (~ symbol) before the /Library, otherwise it would go to root Library folder instead of User's one.

All's good now. I found the files, deleted them and restarted the app. Dropbox now syncs. Thank you for your assistance.