Topic: Migrating from 1.5.4 to 1.6.2 or later

Due to changes at Mac App Store since June, 2012 only sandboxed applications are allowed.
Sandboxing is a security measure and means that application can access only it's own files inside dedicated location ('Sandbox'), so it cannot hurt anything other on the system.

Since our database was in the ~/Library/ToDoLists, or, even more, user was able to move it to other location (to achieve Dropbox synchronization, for instance), new sandboxed version cannot access it and move to the sandbox automatically.
It needs some attention from user - and it shows dialog, asking to open database file (when file is opened by user via Open Dialog, it can be accessed).
You should do this only once.

If you cannot open the path which was shown in dialog (for instance, when it is in Library folder, which is hidden on Mac OS 10.7 and later), please use the Finder - open it, use Go->Go to Folder.. , type path there, navigate to folder, and drag ToDoListsDatabase.tdl file to your Open dialog.

Or, the easier way: open Finder, in Go menu select 'Go to folder..', and enter ~/Library/ToDoLists (exactly as it is written here, with tilde symbol!). In that folder you should see some .tdl files - main ToDoListsDatabase.tdl and some backups.
Double click on ToDoListsDatabase.tdl to run To-do Lists application and load this database file to the main location.

Also you should re-configure Dropbox syncing via Sync page, it should work much better.

Re: Migrating from 1.5.4 to 1.6.2 or later

Significant note: do not forget the tilde (~ symbol) before the Library path while you are navigating to needed folder

Thanks very much....I was able to find the folder and open it by double clicking on it.....I didn't understand what you meant by dragging the folder to the Open Dialogue box - where is that?

Dragging to dialog is needed if you use 'Open backup...' or pressed 'Open' button in initial message box which is shown after the application start (when it detects that previously you used non-sandboxed version), since Mac OS file open dialog doesn't have 'Go to folder' feature, but Library folder is hidden by default.

Anyway, double-clicking on TodoListsDatabase.tdl will work as well, and is much easier.

Hello.

I opened ToDo this morning and all of my lists were gone. I've read the above instructions and attempted to follow them multiple times to no avail. Would it be possible to list step-by-step instructions that are easy to follow and in layman's terms?

I can't begin to tell you how infuriating it is to spend my morning trying to reload the lists instead of doing what was on the list. This is completely unacceptable.

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Hi. What actually you don't understand? The main steps are
1. Navigate to ~/Library/ToDoLists/ folder in Finder. If you didn't move your default database in previous versions, otherwise - to that folder.
2. Locate ToDoListsDatabase.tdl file.
3. Double click on it to open it in To-do Lists application.

Just coming late to this issue

Since the upgrade, My syncing with dropbox has stopped and I have no pathway showing under the General section of the To-Do List Preferences

How do i fix this please?

andysmithhk wrote:

Since the upgrade, My syncing with dropbox has stopped and I have no pathway showing under the General section of the To-Do List Preferences

Now you should configure syncing with Dropbox via the Sync page, check enable Dropbox syncing there and press 'Log in' button.
Please note, that applicatin will use folder TodoLists in your Dropbox to store database (To-do Lists Mobile will do the same).

Been doing that already - just spins round and says cannot connect

Thoughts?

This is ridiculous. I'm not a computer programmer. My lists have all disappeared. Why should it be up to me to make this work? I'm done with your program. Moving on to something else.

andysmithhk wrote:

Been doing that already - just spins round and says cannot connect
Thoughts?

Did you update to version 1.6.4? In previous versions were some problems with syncing.

stuartlschwartz wrote:

This is ridiculous. I'm not a computer programmer. My lists have all disappeared. Why should it be up to me to make this work? I'm done with your program. Moving on to something else.

I guess I correctly described situation in the first message. New application version just CANNOT automatically migrate database because of forced by Apple sandboxing.

All my lists vanished after updating to 1.6.2
Opening recent backup didn't work "Cannot load tasks data from designated file. Please choose another one."
Library in Finder does not have a ToDo list folder.
I cannot see an option to download 1.6.4.

Please advise with clear language.

I was able to solve this eventually using DropBox - complicated process though..

Glad that you resolved this issue.
Version 1.6.4 is available at Mac App Store.

Hello just updated to the latest version.  all my lists are gone.  I followed your instructions above however there is no ToDoLists folder in when i search for it.  I typed in  "~/Library/ToDoLists" exactly as you instructed and its not there. please advise.

Probably you moved your database to other place.
Also the good way is to try to use utility like this one: http://www.osxbytes.com/page5/page8/ind … cedownload
Ans search for .tdl file(s).